What is Smart Software?
Smart Software seeks to simplify some of the nuances that come with packaging and deploying software to macOS devices. macOS devices require a multitude of end user permissions. Smart Software streamlines the process of creating the necessary permissions with just a few clicks.
Auto-Sensing MDM Profile Settings
When a software item (.pkg, .zip, dmg) gets uploaded and selected, Addigy will automatically generate the MDM profiles for you. This enables you to set and deploy it alongside the software item. This means you won’t have to leave the software pane to create these MDM profiles and you no longer have to search for bundle IDs and code signatures using complex terminal commands. You’ll immediately see a reduction in MDM profile related service desk issues moving forward.
- Creating Smart Software
- Add Smart Software to Self Service Catalog
- Deploying .dmg from Smart Software
- Deploy Cloud Hosted Files
- Cloning Smart Software
How do I use Addigy Smart Software?
Smart Software is enabled for your organization by default.
- Upload and select your file in Custom Software
- Select the desired Application from the PPPC Profiles dropdown
- And configure PPPC permissions to fit your security posture
I uploaded a pkg but no app is appearing in the MDM select list
If you upload a file and do not see the MDM profile in the Add Profiles dropdown menu then we were unable to find the code signature and bundle ID needed. Please report this issue to firstname.lastname@example.org and we can look into it.
Can I create MDM profiles manually from within Smart Software?
Yes, we allow you to type in the required information for each MDM profile if that is your preferred route.
- This feature requires MDM
- MDM profiles will not deploy when pushing Smart Software via GoLive or Self Service
- MDM profiles will not necessarily deploy before software item
- MDM profiles will be removed when the software item is removed from the policy