Policies are a core feature of Addigy. They allow you to define and group assets to deploy to your devices.
This article goes over the following Topics:
Policy List View
From your Policies list, you can:
- View your policy structure and how many devices are assigned to each
- Toggle to see all policies or just the top level ones
- Create new policies
- Update any third party software across your entire policy structure.
- Deploy any policy
- View the results of the last deployment of any policy
Individual Policy View
Select a policy from the list view to manage a policy's assigned Custom Facts, Maintenance, Profiles, Monitoring items, OS Users, Self Service, Software, System and Microsoft Updates, along with other general Settings.
- Use the dropdown menu at the top to quickly jump to another policy
- Icons next to the dropdown show what remote control and integrated systems are enabled for the policy
- You can trigger an immediate deployment of the current policy shown (policies are automatically deployed every 30 minutes)
The Overview section includes:
- Name, icon, and icon color
- Auto-assignment filters can be added to let Addigy find devices that match the criteria. Read more about auto-assignment and flex policies
- Breakdown of assigned devices
- A button to open the last Deployment Status
- The Enrollment Profile installed on any new devices
The History section shows any changes made to policy.
The Devices section allows you to quickly see all of the devices that are assigned to a policy.
- Device Name
- Serial Number
- Online Status
- Last Online Status
- Policy IDs
Adding or removing devices from a policy
Changing devices' policies can be done in several ways. From the devices page, you can select one or more device and use the tools dropdown to assign the selected devices to one or more policies. From each device's GoLive page, you can manually select which policy each device is assigned to. Third, each policy can optionally have auto-assignment enabled, which would then assign devices from across your whole fleet that meet the filters you define.
And lastly, when a device is initially enrolled into Addigy, either by MDM enrollment url or Automated Device Enrollment, it can be enrolled directly into a policy so that you can deploy assets and other settings to your devices from the minute they come online.
The Settings section is to set static data for your policy. This includes settings for:
- MDM Enrollment Profile
- Apps & Books tokens
- Automated Device Enrollment certificates
- Remote Control
- Integrated Systems - this includes settings for ConnectWise Manage, Autotask, Watchman Monitoring
Read more about managing policy assets.